Hannah Bentley has broad experience in litigation in both state and federal court, and advice on environmental and municipal law matters in California:
- Environmental and land use including the California Environmental Quality Act, the California Global Warming Solutions Act, the federal Endangered Species Act, and the federal Clean Air Act
- Public law and municipal issues including the Brown Act and Public Records Act
- Quo warranto proceedings
- Environmental labeling under California state and federal law
She has also advised individuals, nonprofits and municipalities on open government and CEQA compliance.
- Prosecuted and obtained monetary and injunctive relief in citizen enforcement actions of Federal Clean Air Act, California Green Label statute, and Endangered Species Act.
- Prosecuted, defenced, and settled quo warranto actions in proceedings before Attorney General's office and in Superior Court.
- Drafted amicus briefs on winning side involving federal preemption and First Amendment issues.
- Obtained preliminary injunction under Copyright Act against internet music service on behalf of recording artists.
California League of Cities, California State Association of Counties, Cities of Los Angeles, Sierra Madre, Calabasas, and Barstow, water agencies throughout California, Sierra Club, and Greenpeace.
Hannah Bentley graduated from Columbia Law School as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar in a 3-3 year accelerated program with her undergraduate college, Occidental.
Contact us for more information or to join our mailing list.